Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Shame on Hague


This story has been eating away at me for a few days now and I just have to post it. I'd never heard of Jane Hague before reading this in the PI the other day, but I think she's a disgrace to the County and I'm ashamed to be in a district adjacent to her.

The story says that Jane was picked up driving home from a fund-raiser where she had a few too many. It happened days before the primary election and was not disclosed until 2-1/2 months later. It says that she was cursing and condescending to the officer and goes into some previous incidents when she refused to take responsibility for her mistakes.

Here's a snip from the story, you decide;
The trooper's report said Hague questioned his qualifications to administer blood-alcohol tests, on which she had readings of 0.135 and 0.141, well above 0.08, the statutory definition of intoxication. He wrote, "Several times (Hague) stated I should be out looking for real criminals, and sarcastically stated that my mother must be proud of me."
I've heard enough.

No comments: